If your young children are going back to school soon (or already returned this month), you may need to pay someone for after-school care, especially if both you and your spouse work. Silver tax lining: You may qualify for the dependent care credit.

This credit is available for childcare costs for children under 13 years of age. Generally, the maximum credit is $600 for one child or $1,200 for two or more children, although low-income families may be entitled to a higher amount.

Let our JMF Tax Specialists help you.